How to Decorate Your Bedroom
Are you tired of coming home to a nondescript bedroom? Or have you had the same style for years and want to give your room a new look? Here are some great ways to give your bedroom a new look without spending too much money. There are even a few ways to use what you have.
1. Determine a theme for your room. The possibilities are almost endless here. Some ideas include color themes, design themes, object themes, and so on. You can also mix and match themes based on your preferences.
2. Gauge the space. Measure out the room and find out how much room you have to work with. This will dictate the size of the items that you purchase afterwards if necessary. For example, the size of your bedside lamp will be determined by the size of your bed.
3. Give Your Room Some Style. Decide what you want to keep and get rid of. You may have plenty of good pieces or items that will make wonderful additions to your room. If you want to get rid of something, don't throw it out unless it truly is garbage or no longer has use.
4. Utilize the floor. A brightly colored rug is a wonderful way to make a room stand out. For most bedrooms, a 4x6 foot rug is ideal.
5. Select your paint color or wallpaper. Make sure it is not so bright that it gives you a headache or so dark that it makes your room gloomy. Paint your walls. Try to have a plain color with a few differently colored accessories.
6. Get artwork. Artwork or photos are a great addition to walls and can make a room stand out. If you're on a budget, this is a simple do-it-yourself project.
7. Get items that can be fixed to walls. Nightstands and adjustable lamps can be affixed to walls and are a great way to save space.
8. Designate new roles for furniture. For example, bookseller tables can double as bed stands and bookshelves.
9. Personalize your space. You don't want your entire room to look like you just raided the Ikea catalog. Find a couple of offbeat pieces at a thrift store or boutique furniture shop to give your room an eclectic look.
10. Make Your Room Comfy. It should be a place where you go to relax and unwind from life. There are a few things you can do in decorating that will make your bedroom as comfortable as possible: add a few extra bright pillows, get luxurious covers, get a comfy chair.